Hi! I'm a university student from New York City currently studying abroad in London. I'm studying Psychology and English literature, but my main passion is singing. Get to know me on youtube, too! www.youtube.com/YanizaMichelleDore
Published January 22nd 2013
Rock out at Roxy nightclub
Whether you are tired from a long week of classes or simply in the mood to dance and have fun, Roxy is the place to go! Conveniently located near the Tottenham Court Road tube stop, Roxy is a popular club most suitable for students in their twenties who are looking for a fun night without hurting their wallets.
My friends and I have only been studying abroad in London for about two weeks and we've already chosen Roxy as our favourite club. The DJ plays popular music, the drinks are delicious and reasonably priced, and the staff is friendly and efficient. Entry into the club is affordable for college students on a budget, which brings in a crowd of young people and creates a safe environment for a night in London.
I highly recommend going to Roxy on Thursday nights if you have time to start your weekend early. Thursdays are called Radio nights, and entry is only £1 if you add your email to the mailing list! Also, pitchers are half-priced! At half the price, pitchers are £8, and you can split it with friends. Talk about affordable! I would be extremely surprised if I heard about a cheaper club in London that also has all of the other benefits of Roxy.
If I've made you fall in love with Roxy yet, make sure to utilise the following tips so you can fully enjoy the experience:
1. Bring a photo ID. I recommend a state ID, but as long as it has your birthday on it, you should be able to use it. Make sure to bring a student ID card as well so you can gain entry on other nights with discounted prices for students.
2. If you're going to the Roxy when it's cold outside, bring an extra £1 to check your coat.
3. Don't forget to add your email to the Thursday mailing list! To do this, click on "Mailing List" at the top of the website and enter your email into the Thursday slot.
4. Get there early. I'm not saying you have to leave right after dinner, but if you get there any later than 11:30, the entry queue might be quite long. Though it's not an unbearable wait, I'm sure you would rather not stand in the cold for too long.
5. You can bring some cash, but credit and debit cards are accepted as well.
Keep these tips in mind and you'll have a blast at Roxy. My friends and I plan on making weekly trips to this awesome club. Maybe we'll see you there!