Spend a day at Chessington World of Adventures
The wonderful thing about Chessington World of Adventures
is that it offers two very different forms of entertainment.
First, there's the amusement park with nine themed areas which are home to 32 rides and attractions
Then there's the zoo
and Sea Life Centre
, containing more than a thousand animals, some from as far away as the South American rainforests. One wonders what on earth they make of the Surrey countryside.
The zoo, which has been here since 1931 though undergone many transformations since, is broken up into different areas, including:
- the Trail of the Kings (containing lions, tigers, gorillas, leopards and more)
- the Creepy Caves (you'll find snakes, lizards, turtles, tortoises and iguanas here)
- Sealion Bay (watch the zoo's four Californian sealions getting up to their tricks)
- Wanyama Village and Reserve (look out for the meerkats, zebras, oryx and mongoose)
- the Sea Life Centre, with its Blacktip Reef Shark, manta rays, jellyfish, sea horses, puffer fish, and clownfish.
For a bird's eye view of the animal enclosures, take a ride on the Safari Skyway, which passes overhead.
If adrenaline-pumping rides are not your thing, the gentle Safari Skyway might be the only one you take at Chessington.
If, however, you enjoy doubling your heart rate just for the thrill of it, then there are plenty of opportunities to do so.
Rollercoasters with names such as Dragon's Fury, Vampire, and Rattlesnake should get your pulse pumping.
If you want your stomach turned inside out, jump aboard the swinging Black Buccaneer ship.
For those who prefer wet clothes to dry ones, Rameses Revenge and Dragon Falls will sort you out nicely.
Besides the rides, there are plenty of other attractions to keep you busy, including Tomb Blaster (prepare for a shoot-out in a spooky labyrinth) and the Fun Fort Amusement Centre.
Those wishing to spend a night or two at the park might want to consider their on-site Resort Hotel
Check the website
for precise opening times as they change according to the season.
59950 - 2023-01-20 01:06:36