"Sun is in the sky Oh why, oh why Would I want to be anywhere else!"
Sings Lily Allen in "LDN"
If , like me, this is the current anthem to your London life, try some of the 9 following songs as well:
1. 'Hometown Glory' - Adele (2007)
2. 'Mornington Crescent' – Belle & Sebastian (2006)
3. 'London Boys' - T. Rex (1976)
4. 'Waterloo Sunset' - The Kinks (1967)
5. 'London Calling' - The Clash (1979)
6. West End Girls – Pet Shop Boys (1984)
7. 'London Pride' – Noël Coward (1941)
8. A foggy day (in LDN Town) – Michael Bublé
9. Come back to Camden - Morrissey
This week-end, put on your running shoes, load the above into you Ipod and go and sample some of London's best loved jogging circuits.
My favorites include the 5 K Serpentine circuit in Hyde park, the run up the hill in Hampstead Heath, the three bridges run in West London (from Hammersmith suspension bridge to Barnes railway bridge then down to Putney bridge and back), Battersea Park circuit including the Pagoda and lastly the river run between London bridge and South Bank, running past the Tate Modern.