Freelance Writer living in South east London! Like my writing style? Subscribe!!
Published June 27th 2012
In London, there are many things that go on for free but many people don't go because they don't know about them. In this article, I am going to tell you about festivals that are going on in July, that you may not of heard of (the list below is in no particular order):
1. London Literature Festival - From the 3rd-12th of July at SouthBank Centre. This festival brings together international world class poets, Authors and Speakers for more then weeks events and talks.
2. Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. From the 3rd-8th of July at Hampton Court, this event will feature gardens and marquees showcasing plants. It is a chance to purchase some plants and gardening equipment. There is also family activities to get kids gardening.
3. Kew the Music - From July the 3rd-8th at Kew Gardens. This is a series of concerts featuring people such as Will Young, Gipsy Kings, Status Quo, James Morrison, plus many more.
4. Greenwich Summer Festival - From the 4th July- 12th August at the Old Royal Navy College. During this time, there are different things going on at different times -dance shows, comedy, River of Music, London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games Gala Weekend, Family Weekend, Beer and Street Food Fair and Big Screen Olympics and Film.
5. Balham Comedy Festival - From the 5th-8th of July at The Bedford. Lots of comedians will be at this festival - Harry Hill, Marcus Brigstock, Al Murray the Pub landlord, Diane Spencer, Ed Byrne, plus many more.
7. London Live- July 27th-August 12th, in Victoria Park. Screenings of the London 2012 Paralympic and Olympic games. (Free).
8. Wireless July 6th-8th. In Hyde Park, hosts some of the biggest artists such as Ms Dynamite, Maverick Sabre, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Wiz Khalifa, Nero, Example, Tulisa and many more.
9. Exhibition Road Show - From the 28th July- 5th at Exhibition Road London. The Exhibition Road Festival presents street arts, dance, science, debates, music, plus much more. (Free)
10. Olympic Festival at Potters Field Park - July 27th to September 9th at Potters Fields Park. Highlights from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games replayed on an outdoor screen. There are also events and activities going on (free).