National Cupcake Week Recipe
OK folks, get your pinnies and whisks out because it is National Cupcake Week
. No, you did not read that wrong, we have a whole week
of celebrating those little cakes we used to call "buns" or "fairy cakes."
If you don't believe me visit this website
Not only that but on Cupcake Wars on Food Network this Friday 21st September, the British bakers are out in force demonstrating how to make cupcakes for a queen.
This is my own take on Almond and Cherry Cupcakes
For the cupcakes -
75g baking margarine or unsalted butter at room temperature
75g caster sugar
40g self raising flour
40g ground almonds (or bashed up whole almonds)
2 small eggs or 1 ½ large eggs at room temperature
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp almond essence
For the decoration -
3 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
125g icing sugar
Almond flakes or ground almonds
9 non-dyed glace cherries
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F/GM 5.
2. Line muffin trays with paper muffin cases.
3. Put all cupcake ingredients into large bowl and mix at high speed with electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 4 mins).
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and level the tops with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and the top will spring back when pressed lightly with a finger tip.
6. Remove each cupcake from the trays and leave to cool completely.
7. With a small, sharp knife, cut a circle out of the top of each cake. Fill the hole with a teaspoon of jam then replace the cake lid.
Make up the icing with a little water and pour on top of each cupcake, add a few almond flakes and place a cherry in the middle.
You could add a butter cream topping by mixing the icing sugar with a 50g soft butter and a teaspoon of almond flakes. Top with a cherry.
For some classic cupcake recipes visit this website
Fancy something different, check out this site
Come on London, get baking.
61576 - 2023-01-20 01:18:55