If you've got a sense of adventure and a few pounds to spare, then two places far from Blighty await. One is a ginormous island called Australia. The other comprises two smallish islands and is known as New Zealand. You've probably heard of them. You might even have thought about going there.
Well, whether you'd like to go for a two-week holiday, a six-month stint, or even forever, there's an event coming up in London which you really shouldn't miss.
Called Down Under Live, it's a one-stop shop explaining everything you need to know in order to get organised and get Down Under.
So if you're thinking of bolting from Blighty and want to start a new life in a place where they: speak the same lingo as here love beer adore barbies (grilled meat, not the doll) enjoy sunnier weather are mad for outdoor sports and activities have some damn big insects knocking about then Down Under Live is a must-go event. Held for two days in Islington, specialist exhibitors will be on hand to give you the best advice on how to emigrate.
Working holidays will also be covered, so students thinking about embarking on a gap year are also more than welcome.
Go along to free seminars at the event to find out about:
- job availability
- how to actually move all your stuff to the other side of the world
- what it's really like to make the move
A large number of companies will also be represented at the event, such as:
- Airpets (they can help you get your pet hamster or stick insect to its new home)
- Latitudes (a recruitment agency offering employment services)
- Westpac Bank (you'll need somewhere to put all your money once you land a new job Down Under)
- Flight Centre (you won't want to be walking to Australia, and a ship takes a few weeks)
- Immigration New Zealand (if Australia seems too big when you look at it on a map)