Hi :) I'm Katie...
South London wanderer and general adventurer. Follow me @Weekend_Notes
Published July 9th 2013
With record temperatures in London this week, spare a thought for those who hate the sunshine, and summer in general. Here are 10 reasons why you should love winter.
Courtesy of Benjamin Hollis
1. Skiiing resorts are more popular than beaches for holiday destinations. FACT.
2. You don't have to mow the lawn, garden or clean the BBQ. All garden chores are a no go.
3. You don't have to feel guilty at not having to 'make the most of the sun'.
4. The most satisfying feeling is 'coming in from the cold'. When blistering winds and ice cold chills are a daily occurrence, there is no better feeling than putting your slippers on and sipping on a hot chocolate.
5. Nobody can laugh at you for enjoying slippers and hot chocolate.
6. You thankfully don't have to endure sights of shirtless men walking about shops, town centres and parks when they really shouldn't be shirtless... and same goes for you ladies!
7. Sunburn and insect bites aren't fun.
8. Snow is beautiful… although admittedly snowballs fights are a downside.
9. Days are shorter. The perfect excuse if you just didn't get around to doing that thing on your to do list. You'll do it tomorrow right?
10. Better sleep. It is scientifically proven that people sleep better in the cool.